|Real dust particles flicker slow|
1) – Unique Moving Background – a good motion background has big demand. There are tons out there so be unique.
|Carnival Slide POV|
2) – Something Rare – There is a great stock footage shot that only you can get because of your proximity, knowledge or access. Less competition is good.
|Skyscraper tower over fisheye|
3) – Business Related – One of the top uses for stock is business presentation or corporate vids. Topic is saturated, but shoot something anyways. Good demand.
|Candle Seamless Loop|
4) – Health and Wellness Related – Another top… topic. Easy setups, good stills out there to emulate.
|Los Angeles Night Traffic|
5) – Your nearest major city – Make a day of shooting your “downtown.” Lots to shoot. Think establishing shots, tourism, corporate, businessmen, night life, urban jungle.
|Analog TV Screens|
6) – Set up a scene at home – utilize lights, props, furniture, pets, heirlooms, antiques. You don’t need a sound stage to set up a worthy scene. Just a little free time/creativity.
7) – Something you know really well – You are an expert at something. Shoot that in an authentic way. It will give your shot an advantage over posers who have less informed shots of your job/sport/hobby.
|Toddler watermelon laugh|
8) – A friend or family member emoting – People are hot. People showing emotions even hotter. If you can’t hire an actor/sound stage then shoot someone you know. Usually they’ll do it for free and sign the waivers.
|Spooky Halloween Jack O Lantern|
9) – A seasonal/occasion shot – Valentines Day, Birthday, Wedding, etc. – Tons of possibility here, the time for sales is narrow, but high volume.
|unroll toilet paper frantic|
10) – Something just for fun – shoot a wacky, off the wall subject really well, even if you think no one would buy it. You will have fun and I have been amazed what shots sell.
Whether you’re starting out, or you’re a seasoned vet, hopefully this list of “Must Have” shots will spur some fresh ideas that will help you improve your portfolio, and increase your ability to create passive income.
Happy Shooting, HDCineman